CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sep 15, 2009

Back, back

Hi all, sorry about that, real-life stuff is just too hectic at the moment, and my co-writer is studying (and partying) hard in uni as well.


Anyway, this beautiful Autumn morning (over here anyway) I'm gonna share loads of stuff with you.

First off:

Arctic Monkeys - Humbug

This is a fantastic effort from the 4 (5?) guys from Sheffield. The 3rd album always seems to be the maker-or-breaker, and this one's a shakermaker. 11 tracks of dark and broody tunes. Definitely alot of emotion went into this one (emotion, NOT emo). It sounds nothing like the Arctic Monkeys of yore, which is sort of a shame, since those songs were still bloody good. But instead of singing about the trials and tribulations of being a young adult in Northern England, seems like maturation has sunk in (As it does with most bands) and it definitely shows.

Check out the official video of 'Crying Lightning' which isn't even the strongest tune on the album, it's still pretty good. click HERE.

This one's my personal favourite on the album, (along with the Jeweller's Hands) it's called the Fire and the Thud.


Secondly,

Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Now I made a big fuss about this a while back, they were showing it off on their MySpace page for free. I didn't want to spoil it though, so I waited until I got the album, and it's f*cking amazing. Besides the insane 'Clubfoot'-esque 'Underdog', and the cowboy hit n run 'Fire', the song is packed with delicious hooks, melodies and nonsensical rock n roll lyrics. Tom and Serge serve up a f*cking trolloping dose of brilliance in this album. Again, the 3rd album is the maker-or-breaker, and this one makes it too.

Here's Underdog. and Fire. and this lovely tune West Ryder Silver Bullet (complete with psychedelic introduction). Lastly, this blinding track, Thick as Thieves.

BONUS: Calvin Harris (!) covering Fire.


Speaking of Calvin Harris, his new album Ready for the Weekend (I think) is out, now, I haven't given it a proper listen yet so I will do so. 'Rain' sounds pretty good though.

O.k. so I've run out of time but I've got loads more to share so check back soon!

Actual peace and love,

Sian.


P.S. On a much sadder note, Oasis has split up. Noel's left in a fit of anger directed at younger brother Liam. News says Oasis will continue on without Noel (which will still be good I reckon) and Noel will churn out the inevitable solo album, which will also be great! The only real shame is that there'll be no more classic concerts, which was the real heart n soul of the Oasis engine. 

Now I kinda know how John Lennon getting shot felt like.

P.P.S At least Kasabian are going strong!

0 shoutouts: