Hello girls and boys, finally back with a post after about 4 months which I feel terrible about. Lots of stuff going on and now back settled down. So what better way than to spread some ear and soul sex? (without the ear-STDs)
First off - Let's go back a little retro-ish, cast your mind back to 2000. The Y2k bug, threats of computer crashes, global catastrophes and one hell of a fireworks display. Also the release of Underworld's live album 'Everything, Everything' - which is taken from a lyric from their song Cowgirl.
Now I've read that during live shows they usually mix Rez and Cowgirl up together, since they share the same general melodies and structure. It's a track I haven't been able to get off my music player for a couple of days now, simply because my heart won't stop pumping when I listen to this song. Great old-school dance beats, along with the sounds of the crowd cheering give the live track an amicable rave-y vibe.
The song does indeed start with Rez's twee, trippy melody. When the song breaks down about half way, and Cowgirl's infamous 'Everything-everything' bit kicks in, it's primitive compared to today's standards, but the sheer coolness of the sound of the voice and the perfect timing, kinda makes me wish I was there ;)
Brilliant - 4.5/5 :)
P.S. Here's the link to the DVD off the album Everything, Everything. It's insane. [I would show it here, but Opera doesn't work well some sites]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10q96IPlm70&feature=related
If you liked the track, check out Born Slippy Nuxx, another classic dance track from them.
Alright now to turn the car 180 degrees about face and head off into the sunset, no I'm not going just yet, just changing genre's. Been getting into a little sentimental mood lately and been digging up some Beatles stuff (yeah I miss John... who doesn't?).
So in case you missed out buying the Beatles Anthology DVD, they released two songs from the studio with the 3 remaining [sadly now 2 remaining] Beatles - Free As A Bird, which was written by John Lennon; and Real Love.
Free As A Bird, was sent in by Yoko and featured John singing the tune and lyrics accompanied by his own piano playing on a cassette. The band had to work around this since it was pretty bad quality (and also in Mono, so they couldn't seperate the voice from the piano) but still endeavoured to produce this gem of a tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D196-oXw2k
Beautiful tune, beautiful voice, beautiful harmonies, beautiful video. - 5/5
[Apparently Ringo really wanted to get his elephant in the video and George wanted his sitar so you get to see them both in the same scene.]
Real Love was abit different, since it was an already finished song by Lennon, so the band simply had to replay it but give it their own little flavour. Still a great track.. but not as good as Free As A Bird (in my honest, humble opinion).
Why don't you have a look and listen yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5D3FMioSoc
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand finally, since I'm in a particularly Lennon-y (Lemony) mood today, here's another one of me favourites from him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE
*Wipes moist eyes with handkerchief*
ALRIGHT, it's time to get some sleep!
Good night now boys and girls (and the transgenders in-between).
Love, Prayon Kid.
P.P.S. I'm gonna see Oasis live on April 1st.......... Will try and take photos.
P.P.P.S. Hope you're jealous...
0 shoutouts:
Post a Comment